The CloudStor interface displays your data based on how it has been shared
- All Files - contains all files that have been stored in CloudStor (excludes files uploaded using FileSender)
- Favourites - The folders/files you have marked as favourites
- Shared with you - Files/folders that have been shared to you by another CloudStor user
- Shared with others - Files/folders you have shared with other CloudStor users
- Shared by link - Files/folders you have shared using a URL
Uploading a File or Creating New Folders and Files
You can upload a file, create a new file or create a new folder using the web interface, by:
- Select "Text File" or "Folder" and providing a name for it
- Press Enter on the keyboard to create a "Text File" or "Folder"
You can download files by selecting the "Download" in the menu next to the folder or file you wish to download.
You can a folder or file by clicking on the icon located to the right of the file or folder name. There is two methods of sharing:
- To another CloudStor user - you can share to any other CloudStor user by typing their email address into the sharing dialog (note: the user must have logged into CloudStor before they will appear in the user list).
- By public link - the "Share a link" option will create a URL you can provide to anyone to get access to download the file (AARNet recommends settings a password on these links to prevent unauthorised access).
Data can be deleted at the file or folder level. Once deleted, all files are moved to the Deleted Files page where they will be permanently deleted after 30 days.
You are able to delete a file by clicking on the icon next to a file or folder and selecting "Delete".
Seeing Activity For Your Data
You can see your recent activity, changes to your own data and shared data by selecting the "Activity" option from the toolbar at the top of the interface. Alternatively, you can click on the icon next to a file or folder and select "Details".