Step 1 - Tap Apps on the Home screen of your device
Step 2 - Tap Settings
Step 3 - Tap Wi-Fi
Step 4 - Tap Uniwide
Step 5 - Ensure EAP Method is PEAP and Phase 2 Authentication is MSCHAPV2
Step 6 - For the ‘Select certificate’ field you can choose Use System Certificate if this option is available (if so, use domain: unsw.edu.au), otherwise choose Don't validate
Step 6.1 - How to download the certificate:
1. Go to the official QuoVadis website: https://www.quovadisglobal.com/QVRepository/DownloadRootsAndCRL.aspx
2. Please find the "QuoVadis Root CA2 G3" in the list and use "Download as DER" link to download certificate file.
3. If your phone does not automatically open the downloaded certificate file, you may need to manually tap the file name you download "quovadis_rca2g3_der.cer" to install the certificate. You may be asked for your phone's screen lock PIN/biometric authentication (e.g. fingerprint) to authorise the installation process.
4. Give a name for the "Certificate name:". You can give it any name ( e.g.: "unsw wifi" ) which will only be for you to identify it when you need to select it from the user certificate drop-down menu.
5. Under "Credential use:" menu, please select "Wi-Fi", then tap "OK" to finish the installation.
6. Connect to uniwide as per the above settings. When you get to the Select Certificate dropdown, you should now also see the new "unsw wifi" certificate that you've previously installed and be able select it.
Step 7 - Leave the Anonymous identity field blank
Step 8 - Enter your UNSW zID (Staff or Student number) in the Identity field
Step 9 - Enter your UNSW zID Password in the password field
Step 10 - Tick Auto-reconnect to ensure that it is on
Your Android should now be connected to Uniwide